Aim of the course
The Survex course on questionnaire design gives insight into respondents' cognitive processes when answering survey questions. In applying state-of-the art findings from the methodological literature to in-class exercises, the participants learn by developing questionnaires under the supervision of experts in the field. Questionnaire evaluation by means of cognitive interviews and statistical analysis are an integral part of the course. In addition, the instructor supports participants with their own questionnaires.
- Cognitive processes in answering survey questions
- Problems in answering survey questions
- Questions in different survey modes
- Order and context effects
- Evaluating questions and questionnaires
Researchers developing or commissioning surveys with experience in handling and/or analysing survey data